This Bacon and Corn Chowder is one of my favorite soups. It’s so easy to make – perfect with a side salad and a piece of crusty bread.
Corn…cheese…and bacon. Y’all, it just doesn’t get much better as far as soup is concerned. And add some green onions and a garnish of parsley? YES! This Bacon and Corn Chowder is one of those recipes I just made up as I went along one day, and ever since my first batch, it’s been a family favorite.
When school starts back, and we start rounding the corner towards fall, I always find myself cooking more soup. And y’all, I don’t really know why. It’s pretty hot here in Florida until about the end of October, yet something about August for me always means more soups for lunch and dinner.
Maybe it’s because once school starts our weekday afternoon schedules get much, much more hectic…and soups are an easy go-to weekday dinner. This bacon and corn chowder definitely falls into the “super easy” soup category.
Now one thing to keep in mind – when I make this chowder, or really any chowder or thick soup for that matter, I use a hand blender. It makes thickening the soup so easy.
For this soup, I cook part of the ingredients first, and then use the hand blender. Then I finish cooking and add the remaining ingredients.
And by remaining ingredients, I mean plenty of crispy cooked bacon and shredded mild cheddar. I’ve always used canned whole kernel corn when I make this, so you’ll want to make sure you’ve got some on hand.
This Sunday all the Sunday Supper tastemakers have created amazing corn recipes – perfect for all this seasonal corn. Be sure to check out the corn creations below, and a very special thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting this great event!
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.