In the middle of summer when peaches are at their prime, this Simple Peach Cobbler is an easy and delicious, seasonal dessert.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. However, I would only recommend products that I would use myself. Please read our full disclosure here.
Cobbler has got to be one of my favorite dessert recipes of all time. Basic cobblers are really, really easy to make. AND they are a lovely way to incorporate seasonal fruits into a baked dessert. AND they taste amazing with a pile of vanilla ice cream on top. I grew up eating all kinds of fruit cobblers. To be honest, if you asked me to choose a favorite I don’t think I could…but y’all, this seasonal Simple Peach Cobbler is definitely toward the top of my list. So run grab your ice cream, cause it’s an awesome way to wind down a summer Sunday night!
Since peaches are in season now, I usually have a LOT of them at my house. My kids and I love to snack on fresh peaches and nectarines, especially when they are ripe and sweet.
I used fresh peaches in this recipe, but I’ve also made this with canned peaches too! After I peeled and sliced the fresh peaches, I layered sugar on top and then refrigerated them for a bit before using them in the cobbler.
I let the cobbler bake until the top was brown and bubbly, and then after I removed it from the oven, I let it set for just a bit before serving. Now just so y’all know… I didn’t let it sit for for too long, because I wanted it to still be warm for my ice cream. But it did sit long enough for the crust to firm up just a bit – a little crunchy around the edges and flaky through the middle.
And although I baked this in my trusty iron dutch oven, you could definitely make this in a baking dish too!
I hope you enjoy! The #SundaySupper Tastemakers are all celebrating peaches this weekend! Be sure to check out the fantastic collection of peach recipes below – they are truly amazing!
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU MAY NEED:
A very special thank you to Sue of A Palatable Pastime for hosting this week’s totally PEACHY event! Such an awesome job!!!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement